eddon first began building bamboo casting rods in 1906 in Chetek, Wisconsin. Production of bamboo rods was moved to Dowagiac in 1908 and occupied the top floor in Heddon's newly built three story manufacturing building. While casting rods were their staple product, they later branched out to include fly rods and deep sea rods. As new materials were developed, Heddon moved on to steel, solid fiberglass, tubular fiberglass and graphite rods.
The Museum has an extensive collection of over 250 rods, including the first rod made in Chetek in 1906, and some of the last graphite rods made in the 1980's, as well as multiple examples of each type of rod made by Heddon. A number of prototype rods are also on display.